July 24, 2008

Hanging at Lifetime






The kids have been wanting to play a sport and they finally agreed to one...Basketball. Phil and I told them they had to play the same sport, because my day is just too busy to be driving all over the place and having practices at different times. Luckily they're also in the same age bracket, so not only are they in Basketball skills training together...it's also at my gym! Yay! So I've just had to alter my schedule to go to the gym on Thurday evenings now instead of mornings. This week was awesome, because my mom was able to stay and take pictures of the kids at their first day of practice, while the other 3 kids got watched in the child center, and I was able to swim! I've been swimming religiously for the past 8 weeks 3-4 times a week and am proud to say that I am up to 1 mile in about 43-48 minutes! I know, I'm no Michael Phelps, but hey...swimming kicks butt! I started out being able to do about 10 laps before I about croaked and now I'm up to 64+. If you ever want a great cardio workout...I dare you to swim some laps! (just be prepared to smell like bleach...showering doesn't take the smell away:()

2 comments:

The Dominguez Family said...

How fun! I think that is great that the kids get to do something fun while you still can do your thing. We need check out that gym it sounds awesome!

Jill said...

Holy cow! I'm so impressed that you can swim a mile! I'm impressed that you started out being able to do 10 laps! I did about 4 my first time... yikes! P.S. I love that chlorine smell... weird, huh?