August 9, 2008

"Gross Ology"




We've been wanting to take our kids to the Science Center's "Grossology" exhibit since it opened, but you know...life gets busy! Since we're members the exhibit is only an extra $1 each, so we thought why not! We are so glad we went! The exhibit is not for the faint or weak stomached individuals though! There are some pretty funky things you get to learn about in there! The kids got to walk inside a huge pair of nostrils, (luckily the only boogers it had, were kids!) and got to go down a "small intestine" slide. They got to learn all about the human "gas" and digestion cycles by making some dude gulp soda to make it burp and then learned how the sphincter down south worked by making some beautiful "toot" sounds with their fingers and some air! There were quizzes about different types of bugs and what color their blood was, different types of animals and being able to identify animals by the type of poop they had! We spent the majority of our time in there!
Maybe this is a good recipe?!! I thought I'd take a picture in case anyone wanted to try it!!!
The kids above are supposed to be climbing on zits, scabs, and scars. All the things that plague our skin! Gross! I definitely recommend it for all kids, especially ones obsessed with the "grosser" things in our anatomy! The exhibit closes Sept. 1st!

5 comments:

Phil and Stacie said...

That's my kind of museum exhibit! I can only imagine how excited my kids would be. Someday...

hillari said...

That is so funny! I have always heard about it and wanted to go check it out. My kids are probably a little too young to really appreciate it yet.

Shauna said...

That is really cool. I am sure Makenzie would love the climbing wall!

Leigh said...

Looks like fun! I need to take my kids. Is that the one that's in Downtown Mesa? Where is the Extreme Weather place?

Leigh said...

Ok, I want to see your mom's blog. Will you give her my email so I can be on her invite list?