September 20, 2008

4 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed...

Just one of those days! You know the days where it seems like it will never end...yeah...that was yesterday, my Friday! Friday always starts out fun because its "garbage day"! Madison is frightened to death of garbage trucks! She can hear the rumble and squeal of their breaks for miles! We have no idea why she is, but starting at around 6am(garbage collection starts at 5:30am) she starts to come unglued! We've tried waving to the garbage man, going outside to watch the garbage man, and talking about how nice garbage men are...(ours drops our cans everywhere...but atleast waves to us.) Nothing works! She just closes her eyes tight, as he passes.




When the kids got home in the afternoon, garbage collecting was over, and she was now able to let loose! I guess it's been awhile since she and the other kids were told the story about the Monkey's Jumping on the Bed...yeah well my kids forgot that one. Anyway, Brooklyn came downstairs around 4:45pm and said that Madison hurt her foot jumping off the bed. I know I should have been more concerned...but with 5 kids...I've seen a lot of minor injuries to say the least:) So I tell her to put her down and I would look at it in a minute. After about 15 minutes, I kept hearing her whine and I when I went to take a look at what she was doing, I saw that she couldn't stand up! She had this confused look on her face like, something is really the matter with my foot! I felt so bad. I decided to call my dad for a little medical advise and felt better not rushing her to the ER. I kept telling myself it's not broken...probably just a sprain...and it will probably feel better in a couple of hours!

12 hours later...2 hours of sleep...and lots and lots of crying...I decided it was time to go into Good Night Pediatrics! Luckily their hours are 5pm to 5am, we walked in at 4:53am! After 3 X-rays they decided that they needed a "Pedo Radiologist" to look at the X-rays because it's either a hairline fracture or a dislocation! Great. The one time I decided to shrug it off...so they put her in a little temporary splint until the X-Rays come back in 48 hours!

I had her pose with her new "boot". Kids are so resilient! She still gets to where she wants to go by crawling and bringing things back with her mouth! I had to laugh and take a picture. We have a full schedule today, so she'll be getting held a lot! (I'm sure she'll love it!) P.S. As I was writing the date down at 4:57am this morning...I noticed it was your birthday dad! So Happy Birthday Grandpa!

7 comments:

hillari said...

poor thing! i don't blame you for under-reacting. it seems like something is always happening to somebody, so how could you know this time it was more serious??!!

Shauna said...

Oh, poor baby! She looks so pitiful in the first picture :( I'm sure she'll love all the attention she'll get now! and she's so innovative, picking up ginormous toys w/ her mouth!

UpdikeUpdates.com said...

AWWW "MADIDON"!!! She is so cute. My heart's just broken for her though... what a trooper. Give her kisses from us. MMMMMUUUUUUAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

brookegfunk said...

Wow look how big everyone is! I feel bad for Madison - its hard being little and hard for Moms to know whats real and whats drama.Looks like shes ok now though!

Leigh said...

My Tag would be SO jealous! He wants a broken bone in the worst way!

Amy O'Neill said...

Aaww! Poor Madison! I would do the same... thinking, oh they'll be okay! Hilarious that she carries things around in her mouth!! Hope she is back to her normal walking-self soon!

Kandice and Rob said...

Poor little thing! I love how resourceful she is, though. What was the final verdict? Is she stuck in a cast now?