October 7, 2008

Fall Break!


A peek at our week!
When I was growing up we had 2 major vacations from school. Christmas Vacation and Easter Vacation aka Winter break and Spring break (to be politically correct). Now that my kids are in school, I find that a new week long break has been added to the mix. Fall Break. It's not near Halloween, it's not near the "official start of fall", it's just randomly placed in the second week of October. The kids love it...I'm sure the teachers love it...but for parents who just got used to their kids being gone for the majority of the day...it stinks! No, it's really not that bad, but I do think it's a really weird break!

Since they have the entire week off, and my kids all seem to have Master's Degrees in Room Destruction, I needed some things to keep us all busy and limit the destruction to just a few rooms at a time! (I'm totally out numbered! 5 little destroyers...vs 1 easily distracted mom!)

To sum up the week so far...I've used my new workout obsession as a great excuse to drop the kids off at the child care center at Lifetime for a couple hours. They got to play and have fun...and I got the much needed benefit of cardio! As if playtime at the gym wasn't enough...we've also gone to Burger King for lunch and they played it up in the "playland!" (Whoo Hoo! It doesn't ever seem to get old for them!)
Friends have come over and we've learned that our bodies aren't so limber and fit as they once were! If you want a humbling experience...try a cartwheel! I really thought this wouldn't be a challenge, but to be honest, a bunch of stuff runs through your head right before you attempt this seemingly easy feat! 10 years later...you begin to look at your arms a completely different way. (Can these little beauties hold me up so I won't break my neck?) Needless to say, we looked like a couple of broken windmills! Amazingly enough, the splits weren't so bad! I'm like 2 inches from the ground! Yay! I haven't completely lost my youth!!! (j/k!)
We've also cooled off at the Goodyear splash park with friends! Luckily, we went in the morning so it was still nice outside...in the shade of course! Madison for some reason would not get in the water...but seemed to be having fun finding all the "dry" areas!

Paris and Nash

Paris...keeping it real!



Almost got soaked!

Boston found a cute girl to hang out with!

When us moms began to get a little hot, we decided to break for lunch and move this party to my house. I don't know why...but I love to make sugar cookies for every season! Of course it's much more fun with friends...and help! We tried a couple of different sugar cookie recipes...both delicious...and then tried out a new frosting recipe (thanks Shavonne!) The kids had a blast...and now we have way too many cookies!!! (perfect for a sweet VT drop off this month!)

Brooklyn and Jake really excited about taking this picture!

Paris frosting away!
Talan and Nash eating their projects!

Drew enjoying her cookie!

Boston is spending the night at a friends house and the girls are sad...because their friends don't have "fall break" (weird, I know), so I let them have a sleep over in the loft! Tonight their plan is to stay up late watching the Disney Channel...and EAT COOKIES! Sounds like a blast...sooo sorry I'm going to be asleep during this fun filled event!
This is only day 2! What will we think of next...

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Check you out.. so on the ball! Now I'm sad we missed out on the splash pad. I am glad Talan didn't see those pictures!

Those kids have some fun moms!!!

Shauna said...

Wow! Only on day #2! You guys have already had so much fun! Makenzie's break is next week, and it's only 3 days long :( I hope you guys have a blast the rest of the week!

Brandi Jo said...

I was just thinking that all the kids just got in school, why are they on break already?? I had the same thoughts. I liked having 3 months off in the summer too. It looks like you guys have had fun! :-) Good way to stay busy!

What the "Hales" said...

Wow you look like Super-MOM!! My brain could never function that well...and I only have two! Your blog is way cute...I love the flashbacks...