February 28, 2009

Viva Las Vegas!


My mom turns 50 next month...so we wanted to do something X-tra special for her! We came up with the idea to have all the girls meet in Vegas back in November or so. It's really hard getting 5 girls...that live all over the map. together in one place...while keeping 1 in the dark! We came up with the idea that for my mom's "birthday" I would fly her out to my house to spend most of march with us. Little did she know the day after she flew in...we were off to Vegas!

Wednesday morning I told her that we (she and I) were going to Vegas together so we could get any last minute "supplies" she may need for the trip! She was excited (even though I thought she would never buy it! She did!) I have the best friends in the world...SANDY watched my kids on Wednesday afternoon, so Phil could get some much needed work finished for his long weekend home with the kids! Then Maylene made 6 dishes of delicious food and delivered it on Friday night for Phil and the kids! Phil said it was all DELICIOUS!!! You both are soooo AWESOME for offering do these things!!!

If you want, you can check out Shavonne's Blog to see the cute slide show she put together...it's really cute!


The Bellagio is my favorite! I love the stores...the decor...everything!!!





(The Bellagio Gardens reminded me so much of my aunt Joanie, she loves asian themed things...I had to take photos!)


We had so much fun! We got there on Wednesday evening and stayed through Saturday...being able to get home in time for dinner on Saturday...where Phil had sandwiches, chips, and IBC waiting for us! He is the best husband in the world...I know I say this all the time...but he really wanted me to have fun this weekend...so since our plan of having family come to watch the kids fell through, he juggled his work schedule so he could stay home...never complained...then had every day planned! He took the kids to breakfast, then to claim jumper, and even shopping to get some "nerf dart supplies" for their dart war games that ensued every day! The house was even spotless when I got home!!!! I don't know how he does it!!?? Maybe we should switch rolls! It was an AWESOME trip and we now have soo many inside jokes about a woman named "Sherry", her "sister" Tish, and we can't forget Sherry's "daughter" "Kimmie"!! Too bad Shavonne and Sky couldn't be with us to meet "Kimmie"! WE haven't laughed so hard in years!!!!! By the way...we make up names for people...and relationships...!

3 comments:

Teresa said...

You are so sweet to put together something like that for your Mother- I'm sure she was thrilled!
How fun!

The Crazy Wyatt Fam said...

That looked so much fun! I am so jealous!! I love love love Vegas!!!

Sorry I didnt make it to the game. I thought Phil was not going to play this time around,plus, Jake had baseball practice. I am stoked Phils playing now!!!

hillari said...

That totally looks like fun! You're always doing something cool!