April 11, 2009

AH-SO!!!

HAPPY (Early) BIRTHDAY SPENCER!!

Flip and Me...

Sandy and Spencer

Kim and Kurt


When I first saw the name of this restaurant...I totally thought of my dad! He always said, "AH-SO" when I was a kid...that was his best impression of a chinese person I think? It probably isn't so politically correct now...but he didn't say it to be rude...just thought he was cool to know a bit of chinese! (Actually it's Japanese, but hey I didn't know either...he'll probably tell me later he knew that already!)

ANYWAY, we were invited to go to the new AH-SO restaurant in Goodyear to celebrate Spencer's 31st B-Day a little early! We've been to Itchi-Ban, and were expecting something similar...but I thought this was way better! The show was comparable...but the service and food I thought were much better!

I had to bring the camera because I know my kids would love to go some time! It's actually affordable for Phil and I to go...because my meal of ordering "a side of fried rice" comes with soup, salad, veggies and of course the show too! All for the low cost of $4! Phil of course makes up for my cheap "vegetarian-ness" by ordering the steak and shrimp for the remaining $32! He loved it...by the way!

The chef was pretty funny and of course did the "egg roll" and split it in half with his spatula after flipping it around for a while...then he did the onion volcano...my kids would love that one!

When he started grilling the shrimp he asked if anyone wanted to play "catch" and Sandy, Spencer, and Kurt were all game! SO I had to get some sweet shots of people looking crazy, while trying to catch a flying peice of shrimp!!! Congrats to Sandy who got it in on the first try!!



4 comments:

Monica&Kevin said...

Haha! My dad did the exact same thing whenever he saw an Asian person (outside of hearing range of course)...AH-SO! lol. wow.

Shauna said...

That looks like an awesome place!

hillari said...

I've heard of that place before, we'll have to check it out sometime! Looks like a blast. Your kids are so adorable in your new picture at the top. Where did you get all the matching dresses in such a variety of sizes?

Summer said...

My aunt got them at Burlington Coat Factory...in CALIFORNIA! I don't know how she did it!