September 20, 2009

Fall is Here!


I LOVE this time of year! Yay! I love that I can open the windows again (not yet, but soon), plan parties, have an excuse to bake non-stop, and most of all decorate the house! I don't know why...but seriously ever since I was young my mom would do the same thing with our house and it would just "feel" so good to know that the seasons were changing!

So, it's safe to say that I'm keeping the traditions alive! Phil makes fun of me if I start to decorate for fall too early...especially when it's still 105+ outside during the day! In California I think it's allowed to start putting fall stuff up as soon as the kids start school! Sooo, I waited and waited...until today! After continual hints, to my sweet hubby, to climb into the attic and retrieve my "fall" stuff...he finally agreed today! Yay! I think anyone that knows Phil can hear his exact words..."Oh, here we go!" HA Ha! He acts like he's sooo put out at first and then when he sees how excited the kids and I get...he admits how much he loves this time of year too! He's just can't resist my decorative charm!)

I've heard WAYYY too many people complaining that there are no seasons here...all I have to say is make your own! Ha, you may say, "ghetto"...but I'll have you know that it totally works! The other day someone was over and said the weather is starting to cool down! Look at the trees...When I looked outside there was only 1 tree that was changing...it was mine! With all it's fake leaved glory!!! So there!

You know you secretly like my idea!!

So here's my outside take on "fall"...you saw my sweet tree...my cute little scarecrow...and my "Welcome to our Patch" sign, wreath, and door covered with fall leaves and lights! I LOVE it! Okay...so the decorating could be so much better, but it's the idea...okay...I wish I had soo much more time on my hands!

My way of bringing fall into the house is with leaves, leaves, leaves...and of course some cute decorations! I put up the fall decorations...add halloween stuff to them for October...then back to fall for November! That way I can get so much use out of them!

These are my absolute favorite pumpkins in the world! They look absolutely magical!

I LOVE FALL! (In Phoenix)

1 comments:

Shauna said...

You guys have fall in Phoenix?