September 5, 2009

Junk Food at it's Best!

I saw these on Bakerella's blog a while back and have been looking for a good reason to make these! Of course mine don't look quite as professional as hers, but they did turn out pretty darn cute!

First I made 24 cupcakes with yellow cake mix. After they were finished and cooled, I cut them in half.

Then I baked a thin layer of triple chunk brownies in a 13X9 pan. After they were finished and cooled, I used a circle cookie cutter, (about 2" in diameter that I found at Hobby Lobby) to cut the "patties"! Once they were cut I removed them with a spatula and placed them onto the bottom part of the cupcake or "bun".

Next I made frosting and then divided it into three seperate baggies and colored them each a different color. Red (ketchup), Yellow (mustard), and Green (lettuce). Then I layered the different "condiments" on the brownie and placed the top of the cupcake or "bun" on top! On Bakerellas blog she has sesame seeds on top that look so cute! I forgot that little detail, but I still think they turned out okay!

For the french fries, I just used the Sugar Cookie Recipe from Picky Palate(below) , rolled it out between two sheets of parchment paper and cut the cookie dough into thin strips and placed them on a cookie sheet. If they puffed up too much, I cut them again with a pizza cutter while they were still hot! I then saved some of the extra "ketchup", so you could dip the fries into it! It was so much fun to make these little beauties!



Sugar Cookie Recipe

2 Cups Sugar

1 Cup Butter (softened)

3 eggs

1tsp vanilla

1 cup sour cream

6 cups flour

2tsp baking soda

2tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp salt


Cream butter and sugar together. Then add eggs, vanilla, and sour cream until combined. Slowly add in dry ingredients. Place dough in plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours for best results.

Bake at 350 for 9-11 minutes.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

way too cute! You've got talent girl!
Looks like you had a great time with family- Happy Day

Shauna said...

You are so flippin creative! You need to move next to me so I can eat all these yummy things you always make! It's not fair that Shavonne gets to eat your goodies now!

Krystal said...

those look good! if you ever run out of taste testers let me know ;)