October 3, 2009

Family Game Time


When I was a younger, one of my most favorite games in the world was Monopoly! Tyler, Shavonne, Sarah, Blake, and I would play on the front room floor for hours! We would always start off with rules...No passing gas OR cheating for Tyler (he had a bad habit...hopefully for Adrienne's sake he's changed!) No singing or making annoying sounds for Shavonne, No quitting early OR crying for Sarah, and No throwing the board when you lost for Blake! It's funny, but I don't remember what I could or could not do...maybe I was the one who made the rules? OR maybe I just have a selective memory! My mom probably loved it because that game would seriously take ALL day long! Ha Ha! I'm laughing just thinking about it!

Anyway I was talking to Phil the other day and mentioned that the older 3 are getting to the same age as I was, when we were young and used to play. He agreed, and thought it might be time to buy a new Monopoly game! So he made a run to the local "Toys R Us" and picked up a new twist on the old game! Monopoly...Electronic Banking edition! We weren't sure about it at first...what about the "free parking rule" where you can make the executive decision to put an undisclosed amount for the taking? Just one, of more than a few questions we had, but decided to try it anyway!

Concensus...we LOVE it! It doesn't have ANY money for your kids to lose! It gives everyone a debit card and then the banker adds or removes cash! (So unless your a dishonest banker...there's no cheating!) When you land on someones property you add one debit card on one side and the payee on the other! Boom! Transaction complete! So flipping sweet! I have to warn you though...depending on the speed of play the banker position really becomes a FULL time job! Luckily it was Phil in charge of that...but it seriously reduces the length of game play! No more fiddling with money and asking for "2 20's and "1 green one!" Now it's just...Give me your debit!

It was so much fun! Paris won...by lucking out and actually WANTING and being able to AFFORD EVERYTHING she landed on! The kids loved it...and so did we!
Here's Brooklyn and her new Webkinz..."Foxy" or something like that!

Poor Seattle...she wasn't able to play:( But it won't be long!!

0 comments: