October 11, 2009

A Twist on Rachel Ray...

So I was watching Rachel Ray the other day on t.v. and she made these really yummy looking "blue" potatoes that were broiled in the oven! What? You're wondering what they went with...oh yea for all the meat lovers out there she served them with Blue Cheese Mushroom Burgers.

Everyone knows I'm not a meat fan...although I DO LOVE BACON! Soooo, I made a variation of the meal she made...

Since Phil WAS going to be eating...that meant I definitely had to include the burgers...AND since he's not a mushroom or blue cheese fan, I improvised!

If you would like her recipe..."Burgers with Bacon Bits and Blue Cheese with Blue Mashed Potatoes"

I basically just switched out the blue cheese, for sharp cheddar and mixed it in with the sirloin and definitely left out the mushrooms! Unfortunately, this is where my non-excitement of the burger shows...(I forgot to take a picture of the finished product!) Phil, the kids, and Shavonne and Greg thought they were REALLY tasty, so if you're into "gourmet" burgers try the recipe!

Now for my favorite part of the dish! I substituted regular potatoes for the "blue potatoes"...whipped them up with a little cream, butter, and salt and pepper until they were light and fluffy...

Then put them into a zip lock back with an end cut off and swirled them onto some parchment paper. Aren't they cute?

I decided to go nuts and sprinkle them all with a little paprika, cheese, and left over bacon bits from the burgers!

I stuck them under the broiler just until they started to brown a little...YUM! They lift right off onto a spatula and are so easy to put on a plate! So again, if you're in the mood to do something different with items you usually make...TRY this one!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

You are out of control! Did Rachel think to make the potatoes all cute like that... or was that just your own creation? I LOVE IT! You are so inspiring.

Krystal said...

I saw that episode of rachel ray even though I rarely watch her show! I do say, those potato swirlie things did inspire me too... until i remembered that all my kids hate potatoes :( All your kitchen goings on always look so yummy!