November 20, 2009

New Moon with the Girls!


So chances are, unless of course you've been living under a rock for the last year or so...you've heard of the "Twilight Series" by Stephenie Meyer. Of course, being a girl, I'm totally into it! Phil bought me the first book in the series about 2 years ago. I finished the first 3 books in about a month...then had to wait with what seemed like the rest of the world for the 4th and final book to be released...Breaking Dawn! It seems like forever ago now! Geez!

So now that the second book of the series, New Moon has been released in theaters, of course I had to go and see it! I personally am not one of those that bought tickets weeks in advance. Nor did I spend hours waiting in line to see the midnight showing Friday morning, or spend gobs of money to meet the Twilight and New Moon casts. I haven't been dreaming about it. (I'm not knocking the people who did...because I know and love several people who have done all of the above!) It's just not my style, but I did make plans a couple of days ago to see it on opening night! Yes, that's an improvement from last years, "Day after the Premier... Afternoon showing"!

Brooklyn, Paris, and I went with a friend of mine, Amy and her daughter, Madison. We thought it would be fun for us all to have a little girl time with the saga! (Not to burst Phil's bubble...I'm still dragging him to the theater, I'm just going to wait a week or two...until the hype dies down!)

It was fun, we decided to go to the 6:15pm showing so we could grab a little grub while standing or sitting in line. We got there around 4:45pm and were about 40th in line or so. Not too bad. We called and ordered Islands to go and Amy was sweet enough to go and grab it while we held our places in line. Unfortunately, we only had about 10 minutes to scarf down our food! It was soooo yummy though! We snuck the fries and ranch in...via my huge diaper bag and continued to snack once we got into the theater...we're such rebels! Ha!

We actually got perfect seats all together, 2nd row from the back! So we were very pleased:) Aside from the childish acts of shushing during the beginning of the film...girls SCREAMING every time Jacob took his shirt off, (which is a ton, btw) and all those screams were usually followed by some guy yelling..."He's gay!" Oh there's always a Jealous Loser around! Seriously! I have to admit...I felt like I was in a 9th grade auditorium watching a high school play sometimes!

Anyway, without giving too much away...I totally liked the film! I thought it stuck pretty closely to the book, and I have to admit...Jacob is pretty hot in the film! Hee Hee! SO I don't care what "Rotten Tomatoes" says!

We had a great time! Thanks Amy and Madison for sharing the laughs!!!

1 comments:

Teresa said...

Oh Happy Day- I'm hoping to see it soon.
=)