December 2, 2009

Christmas Goodies...

My mom learned how to crochet pot holders a few days before she flew in last month for Madison's hospital stay...so she showed me how too! I have to admit, it's kind of addicting! So, since I now have a bunch of red and white pot holders...I decided I would give some out as gifts:) Watch out! Some of you might just win the pot holder lottery! Lucky you! Ha Ha! I wanted something else to go with the potholders too...I know, I know, what can be better than a pot holder, right?
Well, I got this idea off of "bakerella's blog" a couple of months ago and decided to turn them into
"Christmas Cowboy Cookies" in a jar.

I got these cute label free jars at Hobby Lobby. Then I layered the ingredients in like this:

Flour (1 1/3 Cup)
Baking Soda (1 Tsp)
Baking Powder (1 Tsp)
Salt (1/4 Tsp)
Cooking Oats (1 Cup)
M&M's (3/4 Cup)
Chocolate Chips (3/4 Cup)
Brown Sugar (1/2 Cup)
White Sugar (1/2 Cup)
Chopped Pecans (1/3-1/2 Cup)

I had to really pack it down, but it fit perfectly! If you're not a "nut" fan, use extra M&M's or Chocolate Chips!

If you want to see how CUTE hers turned out then click here!

I'll attach a card or label that tells them to "Mix with 1 slightly beaten egg, 1/2 cup slightly melted butter, and 1 Tsp Vanilla"!

Phil's comment: "It's not that great of a gift, because you're making them do all the work." Classic! That's my guy:)

3 comments:

Krystal said...

i think its a great gift idea! tell phil it does take a LOT of work out of making cookies (seriously, he used oil in his cookies?) haha

Sara said...

It definitely is a great gift idea. One of the things that I love about holidays is making goodies. This gives people the opportunity to make some with their families, but not have to buy all the ingredients! Perfect! Tell Phil it's about family bonding time.

The Crazy Wyatt Fam said...

Seriously, you are the most creative gal I know! How you do it, with six kids, I have no idea! You are an inspiration! :)