December 26, 2009

Home for the Holidays...Games

This is Sarah's oldest son, Cooper (5)and my little Madison (3)...doesn't she look thrilled to be posing for a picture!?

Tyler getting some air on the left during their first "jumpshot"...
Every year around Christmas, Turlock Stake has an annual basketball tournament. It's usually over a couple of nights, but this year it took place all on a Saturday:) Elena was in Patterson visiting her family too, so she came along to enjoy some of the "classicness" we had going on! "Our guys" have all gained a few pounds since their youth, but they still had it on the court! It was Tyler, Blake, Justin (Sarah's husband), Phil, Greg (Shavonne's husband), and my dad:)They won their first 2 games, but lost on the third:( I think they were pretty proud of their performance and I think they all vowed to be atleast 20 pounds lighter for the next tournament! I miss my "Nena" so it was super fun to hang out with her again:) We've been great friends since 7th grade...ugh that makes me feel OLD!

Later, we went home and played some Nertz! It's a classic card game that is tradition at the Pittson household! I think Greg won...but we ALL had a blast:)

Greg, Dad, and Tyler
Phil, Elena, Greg, Dad, and Tyler

Adrienne (Tyler's Wife), Shavonne, Me, and Sky
The whole table...my brother Blake is at the top:)
Sarah, Justin, and my mom are NOT game people...so we eventually joined them to watch Dumb and Dumber to finish off the night:) It reminds me of a "New Year's Eve" night when I was little. It was so much fun!

3 comments:

The Crazy Wyatt Fam said...

Looks like you all had so much fun! It's hard to leave family after having such a great together huh?? :(

Baggiore family said...

We love Nertz, but we call it Pounce. I grew up playing that game with my family! Just not the same if my Dad isn't there to yell at everyone for beating him to a play!

Summer said...

Yes! It was soo hard to leave:( That's so funny Brenda because for us it's my dad yelling at everyone to stop cheating...because he's losing! Ha Ha! He used to be the best, but we've gotten a little faster through the years:)