December 24, 2009

Home for the Holidays...Part 2

Christmas Eve Slideshow...if you want to change the scrolling speed, click on the + and - signs on the bottome left hand corner of the "show":)
div style="width:400px;text-align:left;">

It's been a while since we've been home at my mom's house for Christmas Eve. It's so crazy how big our family has grown! My memories as a child were always of my mom decorating the tables with her Christmas China, and silverware while making home made rolls, and ALL the fixings for her Creamy Potato soup! Yummmm! As we've all gotten older, it used to be just my kids we had to keep track of while decorating the tables, but now...there were 12 kids there under the age of 10! Soooo, since we were NOT sacrificing quality this year either, it was the guys jobs to keep the kids entertained, while we helped get things set in the kitchen:)

It was so much fun to be home again with EVERYONE! That's pretty rare. Usually at least 1 of us isn't there and there is almost always a husband missing! This year, ALL of us came home for Christmas!! Believe it or not we all make up a mere 24people...in April it will be 25! (Sarah's preggers with baby boy #3, Reed)

On Christmas Eve, my Aunts and Uncles on my mothers side also come over for dinner and we let the kids open their presents after dinner. We played BINGO this year, which was a first! It was a blast, and my mom even had sweet prizes for the winners! We all were pretty into it...I was using 3 cards and it still took me 5 games to win! Ha Ha!

Just like every other year, there are always pranks being pulled...this year it was with this Martinelli's bottle and with Tyler! I seriously can't even write about it without chuckling to my self! Shavonne grabs Tyler's Martinelli's bottle while he leaves the table for a sec. She then proceeds to pour a hand full of SALT into it! Ha Ha! Well, we didn't know that Tyler had a headache and went in search of some Tylenol, so when he comes back, he takes a drink straight out of the bottle to wash his pill down! Ugh! We are in the other room and Shavonne is watching his reaction and trying to relay it to all of us! Then because it tastes NASTY, he then pours some into a cup and tries it AGAIN! (We later find out it was because he thought there was something wrong with the Tylenol!) Talk about disgusting!!! Anyhoo, then after he leaves Shavonne writes his name on that bottle, so he will continue to drink from that one! What we didn't know is my Aunt Joanie dumped out the salty bottle, washed it out, then refilled it with good Martinelli's. So you can imagine our surprise when Tyler comes out of the kitchen "swigging" this stuff straight from the bottle! So Tyler still never knew what was going on, until we ALL were laughing so incredibly hard...no one could miss that "something" was going on! Later, everyone started filling in the blanks! Oh...I love the fact that we still all act like we're 10 sometimes! I seriously haven't laughed that hard...EVER!

2 comments:

UpdikeUpdates.com said...

HAHAHAHAhahahahahHAHAhahahAHAHAHAhahahahHAHAHAHAhahahahahHAHahahahAHhahahahahahHAHAHAHAHahahahahahahahahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahaha. HAaaaaaad to be there moment. HILARIOUS. LMBO. Sad that it's already over... but YAY that we just made so many fun memories. CLASSIC PITTSON MEMORIES. Miss you already.

Summer said...

I couldn't even make it through this post without busting up to myself randomly! Phil kept looking at me like I had "terets" or something?!