May 27, 2010

Triple Fudge Crunch Cake

So it's no secret that I LOVE chocolate and any excuse to bake something really:)  I decided since it was Sunday and we were all in the mood to snack that I'd try out a new cake recipe.  When Phil saw the ingredients he cringed and said, "I'm out"...so I warned him not to judge a recipe by the ingredients:) 

I think it's safe to say...he ate his words...literally!  The cake is super yummy and is definitely a crowd pleaser!

Here's what you need...
1/3 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 bag Milk Chocolate Chips
1 package Fudge or Milk Chocolate Cake Mix, I use Betty Crocker
1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
1 Cup Applesauce
2 Eggs
1 Cup Chopped Pecans

To Start:  Heat your oven to 350.  Grease the bottom only of a 13X9 pan.
Next, Microwave the condensed milk and half a cup of the chocolate chips in a small microwaveable bowl uncovered on Medium (50%) in 30 second intervals until the chocolate is softened; stir until smooth and set aside.
Now for the cake part:  Beat cake mix and oil together with a mixer or your kitchenaide, just until it turns crumbly; scoop out 1 cup of that mixture and set it aside...Now add the applesauce and eggs into the remaining cake mixture, the mixture will seem thick and grainy, just continue to beat for about 2 minutes or so then spread it into your pan.
Drop melted chocolate mixture in tablespoons onto the cake batter. 
Grab that cup full of crumbly cake bits and add it to another 1/2 cups of chocolate chips and the pecans.  Just mix with your hands until it's "topping" worthy:)  Crumble the mixture all over the cake batter, then bake it for 45-50 minutes or until the center is set.
Cool completely or serve hot with ice cream...it's super yummy!
Sorry my photos aren't better...I only had my phone camera handy:)

0 comments: