December 20, 2009

Merry Christmas From Our Home to Yours!



Here's our 2009 Christmas Letter...in case you weren't "LUCKY" enough to receive it in the mail...HA! I'm getting lazy...and I've honestly lost A LOT of addresses:( I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and an AWESOME New Year!!!
(FYI...It's just a "run down" of the past year, for those who don't follow the blog...I'm boring like that:)

"I hope all of you are having as much fun as we are this year putting up our Christmas decorations and lights! We enjoyed Thanksgiving this year, spending it with just our 8! Phil and I love the idea that one day our "little 6" will explode like both of our families have! I LOVE the thought of cooking for ALL of them someday!

We've had many fun and exciting things happen over the past year! In January. Brooklyn, our oldest turned 9, Phil was called as Sunday School President, and I was called to serve as the Relief Society Secretary. I absolutely love creating the newsletters each month...I like to think, that I'm keeping things "young"!

In February, Brooklyn got her braces off, but gained glasses! Poor thing! Then my 3 sisters and I, surprised my mom for an early 50th birthday, and spent 3 days in Las Vegas together! We had so much fun!
In March, Seattle turned 1, and we took all the kids for their "Spring Vacation" to Disney Land and met up with my parents too! That, of course, was a blast! My dad and Phil took the older 3 on the "fun" rides...while my mom and I took one for the team and frequented the very cheerful "It's a Small World" with the younger 2! It really was fun hanging out and finding ways to entertain the little ones!
In April, Madison turned 3 on the 13th, then later in the week Phil threw me the surprise party of a decade! Seriously...I turned 30 and spent it in style! Not only did I have SO much fun enjoying it with a bunch of my close friends, I also learned that Phil can throw a sweet party!
In May, my dad drove out and took my oldest 3 camping in Sedona! They had been begging to go, and since Phil is NOT a camper...they knew that their best bet was to convince Grandpa to take them! They had so much fun and can't wait to go camping with him again! Then for Memorial Day we went with our good friends, The Becks, to Las Vegas and took all of the kids! We got to stay in a suite at The Hotel at Mandalay Bay! Sky and Blake drove down and met us there too! WE experienced a lot of firsts there too...1st time our kids have gotten to see Las Vegas, 1st time our entire family has stayed in a "Suite", and the first time I've ever ridden on a "scooter" because I needed to (9 months prego and all!)
June was huge for us! On the 1st, we celebrated Phil's 32nd birthday. On the 17th, Berlin Daley was added to our family! She was a small 10lb 2 oz baby that reminded me why I'm done being pregnant...FOREVER! On the 18th, we celebrated Paris' 6th birthday. Then on the 20th, Phil and I celebrated our 11th anniversary! Wow, time flies when you're having kids...literally! Ha Ha!
In July, my sister Shavonne and her family moved to Arizona, which has been so much fun! It's so nice for my kids to have an aunt and uncle close and cousins that can come to play! We've been taking serious advantage of being so close! We see each other at least 5 times a week, and it's been fun to see my kids get to know their cousins better! Now, to somehow convince the other 4 to move here...
In August, Brooklyn started 4th grade, Boston, started 3rd grade, and Paris started 1st grade! Then on the 23rd, Boston turned 8!
In September, we celebrated Labor Day weekend with many of our family and friends! Mom and Dad Wyatt even planned a GREAT surprise, flying Tony out to visit too! The kids had so much fun playing with Uncle Tony! It's been a few years since we've gotten to see him! We had a packed weekend with first, Boston's Baptism on Saturday, then on Sunday, Berlin was blessed and Phil was called to serve as the Ward Finance Clerk! WE know it was a crazy and packed weekend at the house, but it was SO much fun!
In October, Phil graduated from Grand Canyon University, with a Master of Business Administration Finance, which was HUGE for us! Phil really loves working at Sims Metal Management, as a Regional Controller, and is really excited about the new growth opportunities that he's received! I'm still loving the fact that he's only 6 miles away from home! It makes it nice when I have babies sleeping and a school emergency to take care of...at the same time! Now, dad can go!
In November, Phil joined a softball league closer to home and we all enjoy going to watch him play on Tuesday nights. I have to admit, I don't really get to see many plays...but I do go with the intention of seeing some! That counts, right? The kids love running around and I enjoy visiting with the ladies! I've even picked up on some softball lingo..."heads up" isn't for the players on the field...it's for us on the sidelines! FYI...for those of you, like myself,...who might be a bit challenged in the "sporting" department!
In December, we are looking forward to a visit from Mom and Dad Wyatt who are driving down from Utah, and then driving down to Southern California with us to attend a Wyatt Family party with all Phil's extended family. After that, we are driving up to my parent's house, to spend Christmas with all of my siblings! It's going to be hard not celebrating Christmas at our own house this year, but since it's "Quarter End" Phil has to be back for work on the 30th, so I'm sure my kids won't mind spending the extra time with their grandparents, aunts, uncles, and COUSINS!
Whew! See that year just seriously flew by! For pictures and play by play details from the past year, you'll have to visit the blog! (http://www.wyattspot.blogspot.com) We somehow manage to stay busy (ha!) and still enjoy living in warm, sunny Arizona. We do miss all of our family and friends that don't live close anymore, but I'm so glad that most of us still get to keep in touch via Phone, texting, E-mail, Facebook, and Blogs! Isn't modern technology great?!?!!! I hope all of you have a GREAT Christmas season and that the New Year brings many great and wonderful things your way!

0 comments: