August 23, 2009

Boston Turns 8!


I can't believe Boston is already 8! We asked him what he wanted to do for his BIG birthday...and he said he wanted to invite his friend Jake over. So we started celebrating on Friday, when Jake came over. They had a fun time swimming and playing Wii most of the night...before crashing. (They told me they could stay up ALL night...but lasted only until around 11. Whew!)

Then on Saturday morning Phil went and grabbed the greatest donuts in Arizona, (RAINBOW DONUTS) for breakfast before taking the boys to the movie theater to see "Shorts"...an animated movie that they both REALLY wanted to see.

Then the REAL birthday fun began this morning, when he woke up to homemade waffles from his momma! (He usually wakes up between 5:30-6am so this was not a very easy surprise to pull off!) As you can see...he's still a little sleepy!

I asked Boston what he wanted for dinner...and he requested homemade chicken noodle soup. (Phil thought that was an odd choice for such a hot day and tried to convince him to change his mind...but Chicken Noodle Soup it was!) We just cranked up the A/C...so it felt a little chilly!

I wish I had taken more pictures! I'm not sure what I was busy doing??? Ha Ha!
I wanted to try my new chocolate truffle cake recipe with a "Mad-Hatter Cake" style (looks like it's going to fall over). As you can see...I did it with just a 1/4 of the amount of cake you're supposed to use...and Boston REALLY wanted me to include whipped cream on top...When you add all that up...it comes out looking like THIS! Not the prettiest cake in the window...but it tasted pretty AMAZING! Yum Yum! He was EXCITED about it...so I guess that's what counts the most, right?!

He got some sweet new pool toys, including a "sub skate" which all the adults had fun with too! Poor guy, I think he was taking turns with US on HIS new b-day toy! We're such jerks! Note to self...we need to get a few more of those things!

After the swim fun, we took the party out front for him to try out his new "Rip Stik" scooter thing. It looked sweet, so we thought he might like it. He seemed to love it and it looked pretty easy, so again, all of us adults HAD to try it too! We all looked like THE biggest bunch of nerds...riding down the sidewalk shaking our hips back and forth to get the thing to go! Ohhh, it was soo much fun. Sorry there isn't any video footage! IT was the PERFECT ending to a PERFECT birthday weekend!






0 comments: