January 7, 2010

We have a 10 year old!!!

Ten years ago today...

I was 1 week over due and measuring the size of twins around! I remember being soo nervous I couldn't even sleep...little did I know she would be the first of 6! Crazy! This was right before I was going into the hospital to be induced...

I was induced all day on Jan. 6th, but my body never responded to being induced:( So it was a NICE 24 hours of bliss in that hospital;) As you can tell...I look a little tired.

I remember there were a set of twins delivered next door, that each weighed 5 lbs...and then there was my little tank that weighed more than them both! Everyone was checking her out in the nursery!

These were the announcements that we sent out...this picture and the card above:) So sweet!

My brother Tyler would come over to our house every day before school and see her, it was cute! He would always try to have her walking...starting when she was just a few weeks old! I think that's why she walked at 7 months! We all loved riding on the lake...she was too freaking cute! She even got a free T-shirt once by the "Lake Sherriff" for actually wearing her life jacket! Good 'ol Fiesta! Then...Now!


I cannot believe my little "boop boop" is 10 already! Time flies too fast! My little 11lb 4oz angel, has grown up to be such a BIG and Sweet sister! She really is such an awesome kid to have around:) I personally HATED being the oldest in my family...so we try hard to make sure she get's lots of perks to go along with all the help she gives us!

I know soon enough she'll be a teen ager and wayy too cool for her mom, but for now, she and I are great friends and we have a lot of fun together ganging up on dad! I love her sense of humor, it's a lot like her dad's, pretty dry, not like me at all, btw...but you can already see her little "tween" personality coming out! Sometimes she has "tude", but there's only enough room for one Drama Queen in this house...and that's ME! Ha Ha Ha! I'm sure there are going to be a few of my girls that might make me work for this title...but my Brooklyn is NOT one of them...atleast not yet:)
This is a dark picture...but it was so cute. I forgot to lift up my flash:(
I LOVE this picture, because Seattle is drinking Brooklyn's "Birthday shake from Chili's" while checking out Brooklyn's new gift...and NOBODY notices...until after presents are over and it's all gone! I was totally cracking up!

I think she had a SUPER SWEET birthday! Yeah the Hostess with the mostest...was just the start! I ended up dropping off cupcakes to school for her class, then for dinner we treated the fam to some Chili's so she could get an "official" birthday dessert:) She is having a "Spa Party" for her friends on Saturday, so I'll whip up something special then!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROOKLYN!!!

2 comments:

Leigh said...

I wish I could blow up your scrapbook pics! I canNOT believe she was 11 pounds! Wowzers Girlfriend! Happy Birthday Cutie!

Summer said...

Yeah, my stomach was HUGE!!!!! She literally stretched it out enough for the rest, ugh:(