January 9, 2010

Brooklyn's "Spa Party"

For Brooklyn's BIG 10 we decided to have a "Spa" themed party! She always begs me to let her help make candles and other things that nice mommy's would let her do! Soooo, I decided that she's at the PERFECT age right now for this type of stuff!
So we planned it all out...so first while we waited for all the guests to arrive, the girls played a little 1 on 1 action. (I know...my living room looks ghetto now...but OH well...it's TONS of FUN!)


Then it was on to Pizza making! Each of the girls could choose to either make a pizza or a calzone with my nifty new calzone maker! Yay! I made sure they all did it themselves...that way if it didn't taste so swell...it was their own fault;) Ha Ha!

Next was candles, since they take the longest to set up:) The girls had lots of GREAT fragrances to choose from and mix. I warned them all about mixing...but you know girls at that age...MORE IS BETTER for some reason! I guess it takes a while before the "less is more" lesson really sinks in:) It was super cute to see them have complete executive control over their projects!


After candles, we made lip balm and bath fizzies in that order. The girls got to choose the colors and the flavors and of course had fun creating things that they can actually use! The time literally flew by and it was soo nice to have a party where you didn't have to worry about anyone!


My sweet cupcake cake was for dessert...and although it kind of looks sad...it actually tasted super yummy!
Brooklyn had a super fun time and I hope all the girls did too!

4 comments:

Teresa said...

Wonderful and how fun! You do the coolest things with your kids.
Happy Day

Amy O'Neill said...

Madison had a blast at Brooklyn's party!! And you seriously deserve an award helping them make all those things!!

The candle that Madison made to "match my decor" smells really good!

The Crazy Wyatt Fam said...

I am so impresed with your mad skills Summer! I hope Brooklyn knows what an amazing mom you are!! :)

Unknown said...

You are seriously AMAZING!!!!