July 22, 2008

Cubs 0...Diamondbacks 2


I bought Phil 4 tickets to the cubs vs diamondbacks game for his birthday and the game was last night. I haven't been to a baseball game since my sister Shavonne sang the string of National Anthems for the Oakland A's and SF Giants like 6 years ago or something! We decided to fly my mom out to babysit for us, so we wouldn't have to take Seattle. It worked out perfectly!!! I bought Phil and I cubs shirts to go along with our hats so we could go in "style"!
The Chase Field stadium is about 20 minutes away and I loved the fact that it was a "closed" roof day, as shown below in the "roof report" that gets displayed on the big screen during the pre-game!
It was sweet to have air conditioning throughout the game, why don't all stadiums think of this. No game delays because of rain, snow, or heat in our case! Just close the roof! Phil invited two of his friends, Spencer and Mark to come along with us.

I don't think they're Cubs fans, but they weren't Diamondback fans either so it was alright!
As you can see, it was a great "double date" and Spencer even caught a "home run"! Okay, maybe it was just a re-enactment of them catching the last ball thrown into the pre-game crowd after warm ups...but it looked good!
I was amazed at how many Cubs fans there were at the game! I think there might have been more Cubs fans in the crowd than Diamondback fans! I've never been to a home game cheering for the opposing team and having a bunch of people around you cheering for the away team too! It was cool. I am told it was a short game. The game started at 6:40 and we were home by 9:40. No one scored any runs until the 5th or 6th inning. For the first 5 innings I think it was "3 up, 3 down"?
If that means every three players got out, then that's about how it was. Anyway it was fun, and I might go to another game!

6 comments:

Sara said...

Sounds like fun! I wish we had a baseball stadium near us that we could go watch the Cubs when they came to town, but oh well. I'll just look at your pictures and dream.

Amy O'Neill said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time!! Love the pic of Spencer and Mark re-enacting catching the ball!

Shauna said...

I am so glad you guys go to go. Man, Phil sure had a good b'day this year! You guys look cute in your Cubs gear.

Maylene said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! I know Mark did...I'm glad he got to double with Spencer...hee..hee!

Kandice and Rob said...

OK, I'm a Diamondbacks fan, but I like the Cubs too! There's just something about the Cubs, you have to like them. We went to Wrigley Field several years ago & loved it!

Sandy said...

Thanks for entertaining my hubby while I was away. Looks like a fun game!!