February 4, 2009

Phoenix Children's Museum


I've been hearing great things about this new Children's Museum in downtown Phoenix, and have been wanting to take the kids. It happened to be that Maylene has an annual pass and invited Sandy and I to come check it out! It worked out perfectly because the kids were randomly out of school on a Wednesday and we needed an out! This place was pretty cool! It looks really similar to the pictures I've seen of the Salt Lake one.



Our first stop was a huge room right inside the entrance that allowed the "little" ones to climb through tunnels and tents, while the older ones got to learn a hands on lesson about "vacuums" and how fast hankerchiefs can speed when there's no air around! Boston was shooting some ping pong balls out of some pipe thing, while the girls were more excited by the huge tube mass on the wall shooting colorful "hankies"!
Next we stopped by this area that had something Tyler should make! He's going into mechanical engineering, and if he can make a robot that can retrieve an egg and drop it into a basket w/out breaking it...this should be a breeze! My brother is always "tinkering" with things...so I took a bunch of pictures of it...so he can get an idea of how it works. My kids loved it! Thatcher and his little brother/sister will love it too!




Then it was upstairs to the biking area. They had all these little tricycles set up, some with "trailors" on the back, with a little road area that they could drive through! The best was trying to watch Paris try and take Talan for a ride. She kept cutting the corner sharp and getting stuck everytime around! I finally just let strangers go and help her! I'm so mean...but it was getting old...and she obviously didn't understand why it was happening!!!!



Then we stopped by the noodle area! I wish I had a bunch of extra space around my house, so I could hang a thousand of these things up somewhere! The kids were so excited! They had no fear...Brooklyn, Boston, & Paris, would race through all the way to the other side, (Keep in mind there were a bunch of kids inside also doing the same thing) but luckily there were no collisions! Atleast...that I was made aware of! It's funny how you don't get cautious...until you get a little older! We ended up seeing Laurie Ramirez there too! Her little boy kept getting lost in the noodles, which was funny, because you could only find your kids by looking into the 18 inch gap from the floor to the bottom of the noodles. So you could see legs and feet! It was nice because they all eventually came out...and when it was time to go...I just had to lasso each one individually!

The store was probably their favorite place there. Seattle specialized in taking everything off of the shelves. (She would be great for "recalled" items or store closing events!) The other kids loved being on the other side of the check stand for once! I remember when I was younger...I dreamed of being a "store checker outer!" There's something about that "beep" and the typing on the cash register that seemed soooo awesome!







It was fun! We'll have to go again soon!

1 comments:

Sara said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I can't believe how big the kids are getting. I'm so excited to see all of you in May!!