July 29, 2009

Kid's Vacation! (The Lake 2009)

For the past 3 summers our kids have been able to visit my parents for a couple of weeks and love going to the houseboat...but of course this summer has been a little busy for us!

My parents wanted to have the oldest 4 (they offered to take them all...but I did want them to have fun!) come out but Madison is still too young to fly by herself:( We have in the past met in L.A. and swapped the kids that way...but with a 6 week old it was just too far for a 1 day (10 hour) round trip drive!

My other neices and nephews all got to visit my parents and their houseboat over 4th of July weekend, and my dad really wanted to make sure that ALL of his grandchildren got to play at the lake this year...so he flew out Monday night and got in around 9:30pm. He wanted to drive straight back that night, while the kids slept, but Brooklyn lost her retainers (because she wrapped them in a napkin...grrrr!) and had an ortho appointment Tuesday morning at 8. So the plan is...my dad's driving Brooklyn, Boston, Paris, and Madison...in Phil's car...to my parents house, until next Sunday, (the day before school starts) when he'll drive them back here and fly out on Monday morning! I would have never asked him or expected him to WANT to do that drive...but my dad's awesome! He did the drive AND loved it! Thanks DAD you're the greatest!! I HOPE EVERYONE IS GOOD!!!

0 comments: