September 19, 2009

The Cookie...CookOff!


So it's a Saturday afternoon...the house is clean...the fall decorations are up...and we've just eaten lunch. Phil and I are "tag teaming" the lunch mess and he starts to say that a chocolate chip cookie sounds really good. So, I do the polite thing...offer to bake some cookies. Instead of saying what most spouses would say..."sure, sounds great, no I'll do it...you relax"...he says, "No I want a REALLY good cookie!" My mouth about hit the flipping floor!

He knew he was seriously close to getting ALL dessert privileges taken away for GOOD! He tried to backpedal but he was just digging his grave...deeper and deeper. So to try and make it a "humorous" event (I think he was being serious)he offered to have a "Cookie, Cook off!"

I wanted to crack up, but I told him I was game, and might have let slip...if he was so good then he wouldn't need a recipe! So he agreed to the challenge, that we would both make our own versions of the "perfect" cookie, without a recipe.

The kids were in the kitchen within seconds of our little debate! (They can always tell when Mommy's about to win something:) The teams were chosen, the aprons were attached, and the trash talking began!

(Team Daddy)


(Team Mommy)



I know they're both pretty cute, but only 1 team was seriously going to be the winner! We were both very determined and began immediately!



Some of us were "cocky" and some of us took the higher road...(letting the cookies themselves do the talking!)



Unfortunately, I was soo worried that he was copying my own recipe that I added "more" and "less" of the things I would normally use, so he would copy, and his would taste like crap...(then secretly added more later....or just hoping that the "more" I put in earlier, would help it taste really good. Does that even make sense?

Anyway, as you can see the batters looked pretty similar...


And the WINNER is....


Neither:(


Mine actually were okay, but Phil's fell a little short in the taste and thickness categories! I guess he added butter AND oil! Yummm. Maybe we'll stick with recipes from now on!

We laughed so hard after this! Phil said this was probably the single worst idea he's ever had! Ha ha ha!

Boston judged the cookies and gave me this note!

Poor Paris...(if only she was just crying about the cookies...)


3 comments:

brookegfunk said...

You always have great ideas!!! I would totaly school Kev in in a bake off but the whole fam would get a kick out of the competition and create some fun memories. The kids are all soo big and you look lovely!!! I love all yer posts!!!

The Crazy Wyatt Fam said...

Seriously funny! That was the funniest blog I have read in a really long time! Boston cracks me up! That was such a great activity for the family and a super fun memory for you all!!!

Shauna said...

LMBO! So classic! Phil is such a dork, and I can so hear him saying that it's his single worst idea ever! It looks like you guys had a ton of fun! ... and I love Boston's score sheet, he's a smart boy.