May 29, 2010

Book Of Mormon family challenge...

This summer has been great so far with the kids out of school, we've been swimming, swimming, and did I mention swimming?  I'm all about easy activities with the kids, so swimming fits of course:)  Lately however, I've been trying to think of a long term goal we could complete as a family, especially since they're home right now, and maybe get a sweet reward to look forward to also!

I came up with the idea of reading the Book Of Mormon...I know, I know, not an original idea, but it's a new one to our family as a WHOLE.  So, since the kids are very visual...and, come on, I am too...I found an idea for a Book Of Mormon chart online...the only problem was that it was too small to get the details...so I stumbled and sketched until I created my own chart of sorts:)


Oh isn't it lovely?  Ha Ha!  I'm no artist, but it serves it's purpose...we get the idea of where we are.

Since Brooklyn, Boston, and Paris are all old enough to read, it's been great having them take turns reading and then telling everyone there impressions of what's going on!  The younger three have no clue what's going on, but it's still been such a sweet experience to learn as they do and see things with such innocence!  We have a long way to go, but are happy to report that we are now on 2Nephi! Whoo hoo!  

The funny part was coming up with a reward as a family.  We asked each of the kids to come up with what the reward should be for completing the entire Book Of Mormon...the answers were hilarious!

Brooklyn:  1. Skittles
                 2.Go to Nana's House
Boston:      1.Play the computer
                  2.Visit the Great Wall of China!
Paris:         1. Candy 
                 2. Go to Nana's or Gramma Debbie's House
                 3. Just go to Peter Piper Pizza with Shavonne
Madison:   1. I want to go to the beach and see sharks!       

LOVE IT!  Kids are the BEST!!!!

0 comments: