May 9, 2010

Mother's Day...always a treat:)

I love the idea of Mother's Day...I think it's a wonderful idea.  However, this year I've decided that I'm trading Mother's Day for Father's Day with Phil.  I awoke at 3:30 am to the sound of Seattle becoming the first member of the "pukey and poopy" club...aww sweet sounds you love to wake up to!  Luckily, I have the best husband in the world he cleaned that one up:)  Then about 5:30am Berlin joined the "pukey and poopy" club...bliss, complete bliss...this one needed a two man clean up crew to tackle it:(

After the clean up and lots of help from Phil...I was able to lay back down and enjoy my pillow for about an hour before Phil had to leave for our 8am sacrament:)  Of course, I'm the lucky one to stay home...after all it is Mother's Day!!!

On a good note...during the hour I was out COLD...and rolled over to see these cute little gifts sitting on my night stand:)

The snowflake thingy is from Paris...and the cute card is from Brooklyn:)

--Side Story about the candy and flowers and why I'm actually excited about them...

SO last year on Mother's Day Sunday, at church I started noticing women wearing these corsages pinned to their dresses.  Sweet...not my style, but sweet, nonetheless.  After seeing like 20 different ladies with them, I HAD to ask someone what kind "exclusive club" they all belonged to.  The answer was, in Elder's Quorum they sent around a little sign up sheet that the husbands could all sign up and pay to have these flowers delivered to their wives today.  Awww sweet...so where's mine?
Naturally, having Seattle just out of nursery's reach, and me sitting up front in Relief Society, I found my answer...as I saw Phil hanging out in the foyer with about 3 other dad's and their kids, who's wives also coincidentally, didn't have the sweet corsages either:)  I thought it was funny, but I did like harassing him about it.

Needless to say, Phil was in Elder's Quorum this year when the sign up sheets went around...and I wasn't left out this year:)  It was completely worth it!

P.S. Thanks Melanie for being the greatest and sending home the Mother's Day Treat from sacrament with Phil!  You're the BEST!

0 comments: