June 20, 2009

Surprise!!

We usually go out to dinner on our anniversaries...but seeing that I just got home from the hospital...and really can't get around too much...we planned on staying home and spending it with the family. Phil's parents, my mom, and two of our nieces are here for the weekend, so it definitely wasn't going to be boring!

The Big Surprise...Phil's parents surprised us with the news that they wanted to buy us new bedroom furniture!!! It was a combined anniversary/early father's day gift!! Originally, every piece of furniture we owned was given to us by his family or mine...of course! Over the years we have begun replacing items and buying new items to furnish all of our rooms...but the room that always gets left out is ours! We have always had a queen sized mattress...and have recently been talking about how we need to upgrade to a King! 11 years...and the only furniture that's changed in our room, is the night stands...(because they've always been cheap and break...so we buy new ones:) In my defense however; the colors have changed. I'm a big fan of shopping for sheets and comforters...so our bedroom gets a "new" look every year without having to change the furniture! Nice, eh!? Okay...so back to the NEW FURNITURE!! Phil's parents took Phil, because I was kind of bed ridden, and went to several furniture stores around Phoenix until they found THE PERFECT SET!! They were sweet and sent me pictures on the phone so I could get an idea...but to be honest...I'm not very picky! (which you would know...if you saw my old mis-matched furniture;)


They ended up getting us this beautiful new KING sized bed and mattress, nightstands, dresser and mirror, chest, bench, matching lamps, and new bedding!! I can't believe how great they look, how nice my NEW mattress feels, and what AWESOME in-laws I have! I love them to death and am SOOO HAPPY!! THANK YOU DEBBIE AND BRYON!!! I can't tell you enough how incredibly sweet that was! It makes the 4 hours or so of sleep I do get at night...PURE Bliss!!!

P.S. King does make a BIG difference!!! Oh so nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Monica&Kevin said...

Beautiful!! I love your color scheme too. New furniture is ALWAYS fun!

The Crazy Wyatt Fam said...

How SWEET is that!! The furniture is gorgeous! I love it! Bryon & Debbie are so AWESOME! I am going to recommend that John and Becky get on your blog so they can figure out how they would like to suprise us! :)

Shauna said...

That furniture is beautiful! I love the bedding too. Having a king bed is sooo nice!

The Dominguez Family said...

The set is beautiful... I keep trying to concinve Carlos that we need a King...