November 22, 2009

Pumpkin Spice Roll...


I was in the mood to bake something yummy...but didn't want to go the store to get stuff. I'm sure you're all aware of that feeling, right? Or...maybe I'm just lazy! Anyway I decided to make the pumpkin cookies I made a while back, into a roll! The frosting was super yummy, and the cookies were really cake like already, so I decided to try it out!

I used the exact same recipe...didn't change a thing except, instead of dropping it by rounds on to a cookie sheet, I spread it out onto a lined jelly roll pan! I baked it for around 20 minutes (when a toothpick came out clean) and then immediately flipped it onto a towel dusted with powdered sugar and rolled it up!

I placed it on my wire rack to cool...but it was taking FOREVER to cool off! I know you're supposed to wait for it to be COMPLETELY cool before unrolling it...but I couldn't wait AND Phil was really getting impatient too. Soooo, I unrolled it early. You can see how it has a few cracks in it...but to be honest, our stomachs didn't care! It was delicious! So if you happened to try those cookies, it tasted like those only in a rolled up frosted way! So now I know that recipe works for both...Mission Accomplished.

0 comments: