October 16, 2009

Pumpkin-Pecan Cookies...with Brown Butter Frosting




I saw this YUMMY recipe posted in the Cooking Club magazine this month...I thought to myself, "hmmm...I LOVE pumpkin bread...I LOVE cookies...and I LOVE butter...who cares if it's brown!" After a quick run through of the ingredients I found that I had everything I needed...plus a little extra so I could put my own little twist on it!

Here's what you need:

2 Cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 C sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 C Canned pure pumpkin**(I used the pumpkin pie mix instead of canned pumpkin, if you do that you won't need the cinnamon below...)
1 tsp cinnamon
2 eggs
1/2 C Vegetable Oil
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1/2 C Chopped pecans, toasted**(Place them on a baking sheet, and bake them at 325 until they turn slightly darker.)
**I then decided to add 1/2 package of Jello Instant Pudding mix "Pumpkin Spice" to the mixture!

Frosting
1/2 C Butter
2 1/2 C Powdered sugar
1/4 C Cream Cheese**(I added this...it just tastes soo good!)
1/2 Tsp Vanilla
1 C Heavy Whipping Cream (I added this to my frosting...you can use less if you want...it makes it so much fluffier)
1/4 pkg of remaining Jello Instant Pudding Mix..."Pumpkin Spice"**(I STRONGLY suggest you use this, it makes the frosting taste perfect!)
1/4 cup chopped, toasted, pecans

Okay, just make the cookies as you normally would...dry ingredients then wet ingredients mixed in...they will turn out a bit "gooey" more than regular cookies, just grab a tablespoon and scoop them onto a baking sheet, lined with Parchment paper, for an easy clean up afterward!

Bake them at 325, for 18-20 minutes...or until a toothpick comes out clean. (so it could be faster...just check!)

They come out really puffy looking...like this.

To me they taste like bite sized pumpkin breads...in the shape of a cookie! Very moist and delicious! But you're not done! Don't forget the frosting!

For the frosting, beat the cream cheese and butter together until they're smooth. Then add the powdered sugar and vanilla. Then slowly add the heavy whipping cream until it's the perfect consistency. Be careful NOT to overmix...or your cream will seperate!

After you're done, spread a generous amount onto each cookie and sprinkle them with chopped, toasted pecans!


If you don't want to eat them all...give them away as gifts! They're so perfect for this time of year! YUMMY!!!!! (I know I say that about everything...but seriously, they are!)

6 comments:

Sandy said...

YUMMMM!!! I need to try those!

The Crazy Wyatt Fam said...

Those look so yummy! I wish I lived by you!! Cant wait to hear about your Halloween Party!

Amy O'Neill said...

Yay! I am glad you put this on here because I was going to ask for this recipe. They were so good! Last night was a blast! Thanks again!

hillari said...

Wow, those look way good. Yum!

Amanda A said...

Summer every time I check out your blog I end up hungry and want what ever it is that you have just made. I love the pictures.

Summer said...

You guys are EXTRA sweet! I just freaking love food WAY too much:)