June 20, 2008

10 Flippin Years!!!


Phil and I just celebrated our 10th Weddding Anniversary! We both can't believe how fast time flies by! We had a bunch of fun thinking of all the things we used to think would have happened by the time 10 years would come. We were so retarded! I think it's safe to say we accomplished more than we thought! We're still waiting for a few things like...having a 65" big screen and buying matching bedroom furniture to name a few. We're oh...so close though! j/k Phil's parents were sweet enough to come and watch the two girls we had at home for us while we went out for a bite. We decided that we were going to post pone our "second honeymoon" for a later date, when Seattle gets a little older. Being the "old" people we are now, we decided to celebrate our big day at Dave and Busters! It was so much fun! We had way to much fun playing without any kids to watch! Being the cute romantic he has always been, Phil continued to make sure our 10th was a year to remember. He surprised me on Valentines Day (10 years to the day of his proposal) with a second proposal which was totally so incredibly sweet and it even included a new "double" sized ring! I was so amazed and didn't expect anything else but dinner for our anniversary, but Phil later surprised me with my own actual pair of diamond earings and a beautiful watch! He knows I'm completely satisfied with my "Claire's jewelry" but didn't want my ears to turn green any more! It was so cute! Just so everyone is clear, my most expensive piece of jewelry, prior to this year, besides my previous wedding ring, was like 15 bucks! Jewelry has never really been my "thing", but I have to say there's something so awesome about a guy buying them for you without even having to ask!!!! SO I'm not bragging, I'm just way excited! So here's a cheer for the next 10!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Oh, that is soooo sweet! I am so glad you guys had such an awesome 10th anniversary. I have to say that Phil continues to amaze me ... who would've known a wiffle ball playing, girl hating, hershey squirt loving computer geek could turn into such a wonderful husband! You and Phil are perfect for each other :)

UpdikeUpdates.com said...

GoooOOOOOOO PHLIP!!! Atta' way to get 'er done! I'm seriously sooo proud. Yeah... next year's anniversary (the big 5) Phil needs to call Greg... a few tips would be MUCH appreciated. And next time... you seriously need not be so modest... and take over 6 months to tell us about what he's done for you... none of us on here are jealous... just SUPA HAPPY for YOU! Cute Phil!