June 18, 2008

Up, Up, and Away!





Brooklyn, Boston, and Paris are officially on their way to California! Today is Paris' 5th birthday and the day they get to fly to their Nana and Papa's house! They've been counting down the days. While we were standing in the security line, Boston sounded a little worried as he asked how the pilots could steer the airplines in the air with no tires. Then when we came to the security check point, he wanted to know why they checked kids for "weapons"? "Don't they know that we're too little to have weapons"? I had to laugh at his use of "weapons". I'd wondered where he heard that they were checking for "weapons" and he said that dad had told him last night. "That's why they have the metal detectors, to check for weapons, mom". He also gave me a million kisses and said he wanted to remember my face. He was so sweet. My girls on the other hand didn't seem nervous at all. Brooklyn just thought the kid passes around their necks looked "dumb." Paris was too excited to jam, she did manage a "goodbye" "I'll miss you" at the end, which was nice. They'll be gone until June 30th, which seems like forever, but I know they'll have a blast. My mom and Dad have a fun two weeks planned. It's seems so wierd to only have two at home. It seems so quiet! I'm sure it fly by!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow! You are brave! I'm sure they are going to have sooooo much fun! It really has been forever since we've seen you guys! we need to have another get-together at my parents!

Amy O'Neill said...

I am so jealous... I would love to send my kids away for a while!! ;) It was fun to see you guys for a while at the Herschi's! Happy belated 10 year anniversary... we gotta start planning what we want our hubby's to plan for our 20 year!! He, he!

UpdikeUpdates.com said...

Mom seriously sounds like she's having the time of her life. When I called her last night to tell her that Haven started crying when she saw Mom's picture and was holding her arms out saying "I do" (which is her way of saying Hold you) NANA!!! I DO NANA!!! I DO!!! For 30 minutes straight. Poor little thing's got seperation anxiety issues now. And the thought that I'm leaving her again for 3 days this week for Stake Youth Conference... I'm getting the same issues and NOT looking forward to having to start WWIII everytime I leave the room or put her to sleep. She's still not right since we took our trip. Wish me luck. UGH.