October 4, 2009

"Voodoo Chicken Salad"


Shavonne made the full spicier version last week and it was soo yummy I had to make it again...minus some heat! She found this salad at Rumbi Island Grill and loved it! I've never had it so she found their recipe online and was super sweet and made it for us!

If you're in the mood for a REALLY great salad, try this one out! Super Super Yummy! I couldn't find the "chili paste" and if you're a wuss to heat...try only adding half the amount of red pepper! It does get spicier the longer it sits...so be careful!

Ingredients: Chicken Salad
Each plate includes...

Lettuce Mix (I used iceburg and romaine)
2 Tbs Feta Cheese (more if you like cheese sprinkled on top and I added shredded parmesan too!)
Real Bacon Bits (the recipe doesn't call for it...but it tastes soo good with them!)
2 Roma Tomatoes (diced)...I left these out
1/4 Cup Crumbled Tortilla chips
1/2 Cup "Voodoo Dressing"
1/2 Cup chicken breast diced
(I marinated the washed chicken breasts in the dressing for a few hours, then grilled it! Phil said it was super yummy!)


Ingredients: Voodoo Dressing

1/4 Cup Dijon Dressing mustard
1/4 fresh lime juice
1/4 Cup chili paste (which we couldn't find)
2 Tbs crushed red pepper
3/4 Cup mayonnaise
1 1/2Cup Sesame Seed Oil
1 Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
1 1/2 Cup White Sugar
1/4 cup minced garlic
1/3 cup minced ginger

Place all ingredients into a large bowl except the ginger.
Using an electric mixer, mix for one and a half minutes.
Scrape the sides of the bowl and the beaters and mix for an additional 30 seconds. Add the ginger to the dressing and whisk in until the ginger is totally mixed.

This makes over 32 oz of dressing! So I used some to marinate my chicken and the rest, as long as it's refrigerated, should last for a LONG time! So save it, and the next time you're in the mood...which shouldn't be too long, pull this out!

3 comments:

hillari said...

This sounds really good! What did you use since you couldn't find any chili paste?

Summer said...

I actually just left it out...and just used the crushed red pepper! I don't know what the "authentic" Rumbi recipe tastes like...so I'm not sure what's even missing:) I think it's perfect without it, but then again if I had the original one maybe I would be missing it?? Let me know if anyone can find Chili Paste.

Andi said...

Mmm, looks yummy! I'll have to try it.