October 2, 2009

Awards, Awards!

Parent teacher conferences are done and the first quarter grades are in! Brooklyn has been working EXTRA hard this quarter and brought her grades up to straight A's! She's found 4th grade so far to be a bit more challenging, yet is determined to do well! I love her attitude! I wish I had a little bit of it sometimes:)

Paris seems to be breezing through first grade so far. Her teacher has shared that she's been very impressed with her reading level and letter comprehension and said that she passed 89 "sight" words out of 100 on the third day of school! I was pretty excited and wish I could take the credit, but it's all her! She, like the rest of us here, just loves to read and constantly is frustrated when we read faster than her! She pushes herself really hard! So I'm proud of her...but to be honest...I would be proud anyway!

Boston so far has already gotten caught more than a few times forgetting to bring home is homework...or return important papers! Classic. He does a SUPER job when he puts his mind to something! It just requires A LOT of "micro"managing on my part! I'm starting to hear that Phil was the exact same way...so now I feel like I have someone to blame his "slackerness" on! I really hope he just grows out of this little "education" slump he's in! I've been pretty lucky with the "do it yourselfers" so far......

They had an assembly at school to give the children their various awards, so the parents were invited. This time of the month is SUPER busy for Phil at work so he was able to break away for an hour to see their awards, but had to jam back if he wanted to come home at a decent hour:( So that left me with ALL the kids at school. Fun!

The hightlight of my day was watching the k-2nd graders learn this "Tooty-Taw" dance...and these two guy teachers in the back participate! Ha! They had no idea I was back there taking pictures! They looked sooooo...not cool! I'm so immature, but hey it was entertaining!

I decided I didn't want to have to come back to school to pick them up, so I told each one of them to tell their teachers they'd just be going back to their class to pick up their bags and meet me in the office.

By the time my 4 ring circus had reached the car and loaded the little ones in, Brooklyn arrived! Yay...so where's Boston? Earlier, he told me they were having a "celebration" in class and asked if it was alright if he grabbed a cupcake first. I didn't see a problem with it...and thought that his teacher knew what was going on (seeing that I wasn't easy to miss in the back of the gym!) Anyhoo, a few more minutes pass and Boston comes running out through the office with cupcake all over and a worried expression plastered on his face! Here is the dialogue that came next:

Boston: Mom, my teacher wouldn't let me leave! She said if you wanted me to go home, you would call the office and have them call her!

Me: So...how did you end up leaving? Did she call the office and find out that I already signed you out?

Boston: No, I just asked her if I could use the bathroom and she said okay. So when I got outside I just jammed! But don't worry mom, I told those guys to tell her I was going home with my mom.

Me: Boston! You can't just jam!

Brooklyn: Boston, how did you get your backpack out then?

Boston: She always lets us take our backpacks to the bathroom, sometimes.

Office Staff: Hi Mrs. Wyatt, did you forget something?

Me: No, I'm so sorry! I guess Boston's teacher didn't realize that I had already signed him out and wouldn't let him leave, so he faked going to the bathroom and just left! He said he told some guys to let her know he was leaving?!

Office Staff: Only Boston! He came running in here and said, hey guys could you just call my teacher and tell her I'm going home with my mom! So I guess we're the guys and yes, don't worry, we'll call his teacher.

Are you kidding me!?! "Only Boston" is right! I think it's a struggle for this teacher to like him already...I wonder how it will be now?! Hopefully next week's break will give her some time to "cool" off! Grrr....I love my little guy...he's such a sweetie and really means well, but when will he grow out of this phase?!?!?!

1 comments:

Shauna said...

LMBO ... that is way too funny! I am reading this at work and was laughing so hard that I was crying, my co-worker even asked me if I was ok. I love how the office staff knows who Boston is too, classic! Oh, and you better hope he outgrows his school slackerness before Phil did. I'm pretty sure Phil didn't take school seriously until he met you.