October 31, 2009

It's Halloween!!



I'm so in for a treat...I can see it slowly evolving each year as 1 more girl gets older, more hair, and an opinion for their Halloween Costume! Wow...we started at 3 o'clock with hair and makeup! Seriously...I would call out "Next!" Like the "Soup Nazi" episode of Seinfeld! Phil had it rough too...I think he was playing Guitar Hero and he would echo my call of "Next" if he was in between songs. Must be rough being the father of 5 girls! Ha! (This is also very similar to how Sunday mornings run at our house!)

This year Brooklyn decided that she wanted to be "Glenda the good witch". I haven't seen too many of those costumes in stores, so we decided to ask "Gramma Debbie" if she could use some of her "Awesome Sewing Talent" on a costume! She did such a great job! It was so pretty! And she did it with Phil giving her all the measurements over the phone...that's a huge task by itself! SO a huge thanks to Mom Wyatt for making Brooklyn happy this year. She LOVED her costume!

Paris decided that she wanted to be a "50's Girl" and wear a poodle skirt and jacket. You just never know with Paris! My mom actually bought her this costume to wear last year, but she decided last minute she didn't want to! Go figure?! This year she told me she wanted to wear it, so I held my breath and crossed my fingers...it must have worked because she DIDN'T CHANGE HER MIND!!! She actually only wore 1 costume this year! Crazy! She's VERY picky about her shoes, and hair...and yes, since we were using Makeup today...that too! Ugh...everything had to have her "approval" before we could move on! Oh, please tell me it just gets easier when they're teens! Ha Ha! That's a joke...I know.

Madison is still at the age where you can find a cute costume and tell her that's what she wants to be...and it WORKS! WE went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast about a month ago and we saw this cute Witch Costume and fell in love with it! We decided that Madison would make a very cute witch, and she seemed to think the same! Luckily, her hair and makeup were a breeze too!

Seattle, still has little to no hair, so she was a dream in the hair department and as for her costume...easy as pie! You already saw our cute little photo shoot a couple of days ago! She was just excited to leave! The only shots we have are of her...making sure she wouldn't be left behind!

Berlin was our Snow White this year. She had no idea what she was wearing and am pretty sure, she cared even less!


Now for my boy...Boston! This year he wanted to be a "Vampire"...I don't think it has anything to do with Twilight...even though his sisters all seem to LOVE the movie, he doesn't seem to share their passion. I guess that's a good thing? Anyway, I tried talking him into being a really handsome vampire...you know like Edward? But he wanted NOTHING to do with that...he wanted "scary with lots of blood". SO I gave him what he wanted...lots of white gooey makeup with waxy blood oozing out of his mouth. At least he was happy about it! Boys...

I took all the kids out first, we just went around our block...very slowly. Seattle actually walked the entire way! Madison was our big "Scaredy Cat" last year, but this year she would walk up to every door, lift up her hat, and say, "Hello Friends can I have some of you candy"! Even though we drilled "TRICK OR TREAT" into her...it just didn't stick! I have to admit, it was ADORABLE! There was even one guy wearing a skeleton costume with red glowing eyes, with loud metal music blaring and Madison just kept waving at him with a huge smile! After he gave her some candy, she came running back to me saying, "Mommy, that's my scary friend that likes to listen to scary music! I like him!" (Remind me to give her the stranger danger speech...especially when they offer candy!)



This is exactly what Seattle would do...venture up to peoples doors via the "long route" and by that time the kids had already grabbed candy and were on their way back, so she would then just turn around and start running back too! If it wasn't for Brooklyn peddling candy for her...she really wouldn't have any! Which is A-OK in my book!
Halloween was great fun! When we got home, Phil traded the baby for the older 3 kids and took them out further to score some more candy! I guess he got a little to into it too, because word has it...he had to use his GPS to see where he was! What a dork! Now to get rid of all this candy!!!

1 comments:

Teresa said...

so so cute! looked like lots of fun-