September 30, 2008

Falling in love with fall!

This is the picture that sums "fall" up! I love it! My parents snapped this a few years ago on a road in upstate New York.
My banister will never be as full or beautiful as my mom's...but it reminds me, in part, of our stairway when I was young!
The rich color of pumpkins just yells fall!


It's that time of year when September just melts into December! I love it! I love the idea of it becoming a little cooler, the rich colored decorations strung throughout the house, and a new reason to bake! I guess I've acquired my love for decorating and baking from my mom. She's always so inspiring!
When I was younger, my mom would set the mood every year with decorating for the holidays. It would usually start in September with the fall leaves surrounding our front door continuing inside, up the stairway banisters. She has such a knack for making everything look so good! I love my memories of coming home from school with the front door being decorated! It usually meant that mom was in the "fall" mood and everything in the house (furniture mostly) was being moved around to a new location for the holidays! As a kid, that was so exciting! Now as a mom, I see that it is still exciting! (It usually takes away the "want" of new furniture for a while!) I love seeing and hearing how excited my children get when they come home from school now and get the same feelings I did! I'm not even 1/10th of the decorator my mom was and is...but I still get excited for the holidays and it's nice to see that it's still contagious!
My attempt at putting the "sweet" into fall! My pumpkins that I proudly painted a few years ago on a "Super Saturday"! (still my favorite kind of Saturday!)
Happy Fall... and thanks for the many inspirations Mom!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

I think your fall items are great- Thanks for sharing!
Love your wallpaper for your blog- cute :}

UpdikeUpdates.com said...

LOVE IT ALL!