September 13, 2008

Paris' first Soccer Game!

Paris had her first game this morning at 9am! Unfortunately, her first practice was cancelled due to a serious dust storm we had here on Thursday night, so she's a little unfamiliar with the sport. (I was trying to fill her in on the way over...I'm so not good with that kind of stuff, but Phil had loads of homework to finish.) She just kept shaking her head okay to everything...which pretty much entailed,"...if you see the ball, kick it towards the net...your net...you'll find out which side when we get there..." Okay I suck as a Coach...but I was a great cheerleader...okay maybe more of a photographer...but I was rooting for her!
(The three girls in serious conversation...probably discussing their next "play")


(Paris and Maddy)


She is on the team with two of her really good friends, Maddy and Sydney, with Spencer (Maddy's dad) being the coach! Their team name is the "Soaring Eagles" or "Green Team", which is what I'll be calling them. It was fun to watch Paris politely kick the ball whenever she could get her feet in the action! I asked Paris how she liked her first game and she said, "It was fun!" So we'll just call the score even! (I actually have no clue what the score was...sorry!)
Getting some good coach's advice...

Go #3!


(Team Huddle)



(This is Karina...she made some serious goals! Sydney is on the far right.)



GOOD GAME!!!

6 comments:

Sandy said...

What little cuties we have!
Great game Paris! Tell your Dad that you love soccer! :)

Shauna said...

She is so cute in her uniform! It's probably a good thing you explained the game of soccer to Paris instead of Phil, cause who knows what Phil would've told her.

I bet the green team won ... just look at Karina.

Kandice and Rob said...

How cute! And I like your soccer coaching skills.

Monica&Kevin said...

Paris is so cute in her soccer uniform!! How fun:)

Brandi Jo said...

How cute!!! Go Soaring Eagles- aka Green Team... right? :-)

The Dominguez Family said...

Too Cute! I love that age...
We put Carlos into soccer at about 6 years old. He still loves to play. I'm not a fan of sports but when my son is out on the field I am right there cheering him on. Out of all his years playing I have only missed one game because I was sick and (Big) Carlos wouldn't let me get out of bed!
Go Green Team!!!