September 5, 2008

The Mommy "Tag"

What time do your kids wake up? It depends on the "kid" but usually by 6:00am, someone's awake!
On a good night, what time do your kids go to sleep? We usually start the "process" at 8:00pm.
When's the earliest someone can expect you up? Usually by 5:30 or 6am
When is too late? On the weekdays...9:00pm. Weekends it depends...with kids 9pm, without, depends on who's watching the kids!
How long have you been a mom? 8 years and 8 months
How old were you when you became a mom? 20 years & 8 months
What is your favorite kid station? Noggin--because it's on 24-7! Sometimes this comes in handy at 3am!
What is your favorite kid show? Sponge Bob or Fairly Odd Parents...don't ask why!
Least favorite kid TV show? Yo Gabba Gabba! This show totally creeps me out! It's up there with Tele-Tubbies!
Favorite chore? I guess it would be vacuuming. I love making the lines...and it makes your house look 10 times better, without changing anything else!)
Favorite meal to cook? It changes as I find new recipes...The latest "fun" one was a take on Beef Wellington. I wrap the steaks in Pastry Puff and they look so fancy when they're cooked!
What's the meal cooked most often? Probably some type of Chicken and Rice. I always make it different though, by baking, frying, or bbq'ing the chicken. I also love to experiment with different seasonings for the rice! It's a quick and easy crowd pleaser. (my crowd anyway)
What is the kids favorite meal? Home made Chicken Noodle Soup (thanks to Stacie Allred for giving me the recipe!) It's so easy to make and they love the home made noodles!
What are your favorite things that Phil does with the kids? I love it when he gets on the floor and plays "wrestle mania" or "tackle football". They all get so excited. I also love that he'll just offer to take them all to the store with him! "We like going to the store with Dad because he always lets us get stuff!" I know...I'm a "mean" mom that just wants to get in and get out!
What are 5 things that make you smile while being a mom? Besides all 5 "obvious" reasons? 1)When kids fall asleep in the cutest places to take naps. 2)When everyone's happy about dinner. 3)When Brooklyn says her room would be clean...if she didn't share with Paris and Boston says his room would be clean if he had a brother to help! 4)When we're out to eat (at a sit down restaurant) and people come over to say my "kids are very well behaved." 5)When everything is going wrong...all I can do is smile and think someday I'm going to miss this??!!!
Where do you want to take your kids someday? I would love to take a family vacation to each of our own "cities". We might have to save up for Paris!) I would also love to take them to Disney World for a week.
When was the last time you and Phil went out without the kids? last Friday. We wanted to see "Tropic Thunder" but weren't going to get there in time, so we settled on Bowling and Claim Jumper! It was so much fun! The bowling part brought me back to our "college" days when Phil and I took a bowling class together! (I still stink at bowling) The Claim Jumper part brought me back to the present...our tastes have increased with age!
One thing you said you'd never do as a mom? That probably depends on the age...I'm pretty sure I said I would never make my kids clean their own rooms or do chores. (I probably was vocal on a lot of subjects...sorry mom! But I'm sure it'll come around:)
Favorite past time with your kids? Ummm...where to start? Cooking together, reading the scriptures and hearing their "take" on them, talking about what they did at school (Boston's stories are hilarious), and talking around the dinner table.
Advice for a new mom: Take one day at a time. Don't take people's comments personally. Every baby is different and there isn't a "normal" time to do anything. Sleep will come...I promise!
What's a scary or heartbreaking moment you've had? On Madison's 2nd birthday (April 13th), it was just me and the 2 youngest, and I was still new at the whole getting the 2 "car seat" kids out of the car in 100 degree weather...fast! I decided I would leave the car running (for the A/C), take Madison out first, since she could walk and went and opened the front door. She was still standing right next to the car, while I went back to the car, turned it off, and took Seattle out. As I walked into the house, I didn't see Madison standing anywhere. I quickly did a scan inside and out and didn't see her! As panic began to set in, I ran up a few houses and then down a few houses calling her name like a crazy woman, trying to recall her favorite "hangout" spots! I kept thinking how I couldn't even watch 2 with 1 asleep strapped into a car seat, let alone all 5! I was imagining the media picking me apart on the 5 o'clock news! As the tears start to roll, because I was sure she'd been kidnapped, I heard a small laugh close by. My neighbors have a very long driveway and it's usually packed with cars...this time there were only two, so it was easier to scan. She was squatting up at the front end of a car, her two legs barely visible, by their garage door saying, "I hide you mommy!" I couldn't have been more "sobby"in my life! I hate that game now! Don't worry, I've since perfected my "exit strategy"!

I'm not going to "Tag" anyone in particular...but I would love to see how everyone else answers these! So "Tag" if you have time to do this one!

1 comments:

hillari said...

I haven't seen this one before--very fun!