October 20, 2008

The not so "Super" part about Saturday...


Don't get me wrong, Saturday was a blast! Great food, great company...awesomely huge menus and like I said...a great dessert! However; my world always tends to even out the good with the bad. We were seated in a waiting area outside, while we patiently waited our turn to be seated. We weren't in a rush and a waiter came outside to take our drink orders. I had been chewing some neon green EXTRA, so naturally that had to go before my water came back. I quietly looked in my purse, pockets, and my surrounding area to look for either a trash can, or a piece of paper to wrap my gum in so that I could properly dispose of it. Of course, I couldn't find anything. My back was towards the dining area on the patio, so it was easier for my mind to think no one would notice if I tossed my gum into the planted area about 3 feet to my left. Not only was the neon green piece of gum totally noticeable flying through the air at night (it was glowing), it didn't land in the dirt! I didn't notice a plastic patio chair sitting amongst the plants...much like a time out chair in a home! Of course it landed right on the edge of the seat! Great. No one in our party noticed my little stunt, and I was too embarrassed to go and pick it off, so I just left it and hoped someone would notice the neon wad before it was ever used again.


About a half an hour later, the host told us that he was getting our tables ready. A few seconds after that he went over to the planted dirt corner and grabbed the chair! I was horrified! I thought for sure it was Karma and it would be my seat! I then had to humble myself and tell everyone in our party my embarrassing story and to check their chairs for gum. I apologized and at least felt good that they all had a warning!


After we were seated, everyone checked their chairs and there was no sign of the gum! I thought phew! The waiter must have seen it and had the horrible task of getting it off! I felt like such a kid! Who puts gum on chairs??? Anyway about 2 minutes after we were seated Phil noticed that the table right in front of us also had a large party and was being seated. He spotted the gum, about a half second before this poor unsuspecting woman sat on it!!! I felt sooooo bad! (not bad enough to tell her it was mine...but bad!)


She got up later to go to the bathroom...but I didn't see a neon green blob stuck anywhere...so thought maybe it miraculously didn't stick. But when she came back their conversation turned to how to remove gum from clothing! I guess it did stick! I'm so bad! I think this type of thing could only happen to me!! So please don't judge me! I know I'm a bad person for not just getting up in the beginning and removing it...but believe it or not...I still had a little pride at that point! Thanks to Amy, who brought her trusty, indestructible camera, we have photos to remember the evening by!

I guess I'm just ok knowing that Karma will come back...and I will probably have the worst encounter with gum ever and when it happens...I won't be allowed to get mad because I totally will deserve it!


What would you have done? May you all learn from my horrible example!

1 comments:

deborah said...

i would have done exactly what you did, oh, i love oreganos. next time, we will go with you all. (don't you love my self invite) however, we will go after karma bites you in the butt with gum of course, i don't want to get in the cross fire, of the gum of course.