October 1, 2008

October fun...Part 1




Where "sweet" meets Spooky!








I'm sure there will be many parts to this post! I love October...especially in Arizona! I love how the days are still warm and the nights are absolutely perfect! The greatest thing about fall decorations, are the fact that they go along so great with their new frightening counterparts! Phil and I are huge Halloween Fans! I love to decorate and we love the excuse for a party! Never ending sweets and company dressed to impressed! Who could hate this wonderful holiday?


Phil was in Denver on business Monday and Tuesday and when he got home last night, he brought me a present from the airport, the October edition of Martha Stewart Living. (He knows how much I love "decking" out the house for Halloween!) So it inspired me to get out all my Halloween decorations! Yay! I started on the outside with a few things here and there. I'm no where near as good at decorating the house or the outside as probably most of you are...but I have so much fun doing it!!! I know, I know, but I do! Over the years we've picked up quite a few decorations, and it's always so fun to pull them out again! The kids were so excited when they got home from school yesterday! They all had to walk through "the witch's curtain" I made from the idea I found on http://www.marthastewartliving.com/, by slicing up a garbage bag and hanging it down over our front porch!
It started out easy...I was so excited...

Okay...so it didn't turn out quite like the picture showed...but you get the idea!

My newest door addition!




6 comments:

Sandy said...

Check you out! I can't wait to come over and see all this.

And you have to admit.... it is still way to freaking hot to be October!

hillari said...

Wow--you have some really cute ideas! I love the m&m's! My mom was the same way, but I totally don't have very many decorations. I need to get with it.

Monica&Kevin said...

Your mom was always so creative w/ decorating, I remember it was our tradition to go over to your house after Halloween and have apple cider! I love your halloween accents btw

Amy O'Neill said...

Your decorations are so cute!! I am with you... I get way excited to decorate for the holidays! I love how you layered the candy and I love your little Halloween village, so cute! The witch's curtain is such a fun idea, I might have to copy it!

Brandi Jo said...

I love all the decorations. I swear I could have an entire little storage room for nothing but holiday decorations. :-) They look great!

UpdikeUpdates.com said...

I need to take pictures of my fall decorations... Mom definitely handed that gene down didn't she? I swear I get a holiday bug during this time of the year... and I LOVE IT!