May 28, 2009

Camping with "Pops"


My dad promised the kids he would take them camping...and this is the weekend it worked out! Since the campgrounds in Sedona were full, they were only accepting "walk-ins". I guess that means you have to be at the campgrounds by around 7 or so to see if you can get a spot. Sooo my parents surprised us by getting here a day early! It was so much fun! We were able to pick up all the "necessities" for the camping trip and get the kids to bed by 9 or so...so they'd all be ready to leave at 4am!

Brooklyn, complaining that the mattress was 'too heavy'

Having fun at camp!

My dad said they had a blast and Paris came up with the new name of "Pops" for him! (she has a way of coming up with names for people...he happens to think this name is A-OK, but she usually doesn't care if you like it or not) Since I wasn't there, I have some commentary from my dad that I'll put in for the pictures:) Oh I wish I had a video camera of them! I'll bet that more than just the conversations were classic! I have a bunch of memories when I was younger...camping with dad...while mom was safetly away at BYU Education week or something. Oh we must have been a sight! The kids were playing follow the leader.

My dad was able to catch this last video of Boston going down the rock slide! When Paris went down, she somehow did a somersault...so my dad had to go and grab her. I guess she wasn't really phased by it though...she was just a little upset that she got water up her nose!

The rocks were VERY slippery, so everyone had to be careful when walking around. Paris fell more than a few times:)

The water was FREEZING...so it took them a little while to warm up to the idea of swimming around!
The kids had soo much fun and I'm sure they had a trip they'll remember forever! Thanks dad for taking them, because Phil and I weren't signing up anytime soon! Although, that rockslide looks really fun...and my dad said Sedona is definetly worth taking a trip to go see. So maybe we'll take a day trip or an overnight in a HOTEL sometime soon!

1 comments:

Sandy said...

That place looks sweet! I think we might have to try it out before we jam!