May 10, 2009

"Happy Muther's Day!"


Mommy and Me Then...

Last year...we were both hot and tired...but she still looks beautiful!

It's funny how 1 day is supposed to be set aside to thank our mom's for being great...when in actuality, all other 364 should be spent the same way! I LOVE my Mom and am so glad she's my BEST friend! I remember when I was little, I would give her the things we made in church and school, thinking that the way I colored it (in the lines)...would show her HOW much I loved her! It's not until we become Mother's ourselves, that we realize that our real Mother's day gifts...are given everytime your child gets hurt and comes to you for comfort, when your baby won't sleep in their bed because they'd rather be close to you, when they won't make a snack for themselves...because you do it better...etc! The list goes on and on...sometimes it's hard to recognize these gifts for what they are, but I'm so glad that my mom was such a great example and continues to help me recognize all the BLESSINGS of motherhood! Thanks Mom! You're the best!
Luckily, I have a great husband...which I will thank DEBRA for! She's a great mom too and I love to see the relationship Phil has with her. He still calls his mom several times a week, just to talk, or give her the latest updates. (Which I hope Boston always does)




I had to put an old one in! You look beautiful!...And this was the most recent one I had with all the kids together! Still looking HOTT!


I know Mother's Day isn't even close to being over, but I wanted to report how great the day has been so far! Phil noticed in some pictures that my purse, the one he got me for christmas...didn't match all of my outfits or the occasions for some of my outings...so he got me a new "casual" purse and wallet! I think that's so sweet! I LOVE my purse...and now I LOVE my new purse! I think it's sweet with all the thought he put into it! (For the record...I thought I looked fine!) Then he made me a bacon, egg, and cheese McMuffin for breakfast...really he made it! He got all the things that I loved...made a mess in the kitchen...fed me and the kids...and CLEANED UP! As if that wasn't enough, he also made some Kick "A" smoothies too! (p.s. Right now he's attempting to make the roast we're having for dinner all by himself! Every once in a while he pops up to get some "how to's", but wants to do it all himself, because "He's taking care of dinner!" SO he's scoring some BIG points today...maybe Father's day will bring more than a tie this year;)




As usual Mother's Day always comes with the BEST gifts from the kids! I got a few colored cards and Boston has given me his chair and told me atleast 5 times that since it's "your day" you should be able to play the Wii or any game you want for the whole day. (this is something he would die to have happen on "his" day...if there was one!) Paris made the beautiful heart you see below...and I have to save it, because who can resist a card that says "Happy Muther's Day?"


"Happy Muther's Day!" (Paris)


SO A big Happy Muther's day to all the Muther's out there! (I better get ready for church...I'm betting there's some more colored pictures coming my way:)










4 comments:

Teresa said...

Sweet comments about your Mother- you are blessed as is she.
Glad you are having a glorious day-
enjoy-

Sara said...

Happy Mother's Day Summer! Love the blog!

Shauna said...

I loved reading this post! Paris's card is so sweet! So did you play the Wii?

Summer said...

No, I actually didn't get back online or play the Wii the rest of the day:( It was TORTURE for Boston!