August 25, 2008

Dancing in the rain!

On my way home from picking up the kids from school, I noticed some "T-Storm" activity just south of our house! I knew we only had a few minutes until we would be engulfed in the storm so I grabbed my camera so that I could snap a few shots of the beautiful cumulonimbus clouds that were quickly surrounding our neighborhood. I know our Monsoon storms are growing to an end, so I let the kids hang out in the craziness that was about to begin. All these pictures were taken within about a 20 minute time period. Dad...I knew you might appreciate these!







They're better when you can flip through them fast, anyway...within a couple of minutes the downdrafts caught up with us and we had some pretty hefty gusts of wind! Boston was holding an airplane...you can't tell but the propellers on this thing were flying! Unfortunately, the camera makes them seem entirely still!?
Check out the clouds below...don't they look friendly? It was totally sunny to the west of us, so the sun was able to highlight everything. It was pretty cool.

Yes, that's my child wearing a shirt, diaper, and mix matched shoes! I couldn't find her shorts before we left to go pick up the kids...so I took her like that. She found shoes, because she's already learned you don't go outside without shoes on unless you want your feet to melt! Smart kid! No one was driving by, so we were good!

I took this picture of the down pour through my doorway of the sun illuminating all the rain drops! It looks like it was snowing! My kids had so much fun! The rain only lasted about 5 minutes or so, but the kids had a blast getting wet without being cold!

2 comments:

hillari said...

Wow, that looks like so much fun! I just let my kids look out the window...guess I'm no fun!

Amy O'Neill said...

You are such a fun mom to let your kids play out in the rain... maybe next time. That was a nice storm... I get sick of the sun! ;)