August 2, 2008

Playing with Dad

Today is Phil's last full day home with us for like ever...ok...maybe just 6 days, but still...it might as well be FOREVER! He has to fly to Chicago (oh darn, right by Wrigley Field) for a week on business. Of course, he says he'll be too busy for it to be a vacation. Did I miss something? Hello...NO kids + business paying for EVERYTHING + Nice Hotel= VACATION! I don't know how you wives of traveling husbands do it! I don't play well by myself! Sure I can handle the day stuff, we're all busy and 60% of them will be in school, but it's the whole night time, put the kids to bed by myself stuff I'm going to hate. How am I supposed to put them to bed without the "bad cop"? It doesn't work with just the good one, trust me. I feel bad. Yikes. I guess they'll all be in my bed! We all went to Olive Garden and then he helped me finish the few last minute things we had to do before the kids start school, and then had some fun with the kids, playing keep away and "do as I did" with the basketball. It was pretty funny.
Phil thinking he's pretty sweet getting away with flipping me the bird...he says he was too busy playing the game, when he was young, than to practice cheesy ball spinning. (I can spin it longer)



1 comments:

Amy O'Neill said...

Hope you are surviving!! I say the same thing!! "Have fun on your vacation!!" of course he says it is not a vacation... but then when he was on business in Minneapolis a few weeks ago he tells me he went to two movies and calls me from Mall of America... sounds like a vacation to me!! And eating out for every meal while I get to eat macaroni and cheese for the 4th time in the week... :) Yup, vacation! He, he!